Belkin International today announced the immediate availability of its NIAP Protection Profile PSS 3.0 certified (listing pending)Universal Secure Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (KVM) switches. The Belkin Universal Secure KVM offers government agencies and commercial enterprises a first-of-its-kind solution that securely and seamlessly merges disparate video signals from DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort sources without resorting to active video converters and without sacrificing resolution or speed.
Agencies looking to deploy secure KVMs into mission-critical systems must contend with interfacing to disparate computer systems and security enclaves, each potentially having a different video graphics interface. Instead of creating a uniform deployment footprint that makes management and operation efficient, agencies are forced to use a wide range of external, third party signal converters to achieve compatibility, adding significant unbudgeted cost, hampering large-scale deployments, and potentially compromising the user experience.
Now there is a better way. The new Belkin Universal Secure KVM switch establishes an entirely new paradigm in KVM video support by allowing the same secure KVMs to be used to manage compatibility between disparate systems and monitors without worrying about the available video graphics interface on each computer and monitor and on every desktop. The plug and play video capabilities built into the Belkin Universal Secure KVMs allow DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort computer sources to seamlessly work with legacy monitors with DVI or today's high resolution, DisplayPort or HDMI 2.0 based display solutions.
The Belkin Universal Secure KVM is the only secure KVM available today capable of supporting 4K resolution video at 60Hz refresh rate, making it ideal for agencies that work with high performance video as well as gaming, video surveillance, and any other application where high speed, high resolution graphic performance is critical.
"Air-gap network segmentation has proven to be a foolproof approach to combat Advanced Persistent Threats to government, military, and other critical infrastructure networks," said Craig Dahlman, global product manager for the Belkin KVM product line. "As CIOs and CISOs isolate critical servers to prevent breaches, secure KVMs make it easy for operators to efficiently carry out their mission-critical duties without jeopardising the air-gap isolation through shared peripherals. The Belkin Universal Secure KVM offers agencies and enterprises with a high level of security, convenience, control, and now universal compatibility across common video input types while significantly raising the bar on video performance."
The Belkin Universal Secure KVM switches have achieved NIAP Protection Profile PSS3.0 certification, are built and supported in the USA and come in tear-away packaging with an always-on active anti-tamper mechanism to ensure secure delivery from the factory to the user's facility.
Belkin Universal Secure KVM Product Features:
- Connects DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-D via passive cabling. Supports digital video formats and resolutions from 800x600 to 3840x2160 and any combination of DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-D I/O with only passive cables.
- Protected Video Channel Switching and the latest peripheral security isolation to prevent data leakages between multiple networks. Includes security mechanisms to protect video channels, preventing leakage of information between connected computers and displays
- Future Proof. Supports most current and many future display resolutions. As the graphic input/outputs change, it can accommodate these changes with a passive connection cable replacement, ensuring high ROI from infrastructure investments.
- Dedicated Common Access Card input. Dedicated CAC ports allow a single CAC reader to be shared across all channels.
- Advanced breach protection. Integrated, always-on battery-backed, anti-tamper switches immediately render the unit permanently inoperable in the event of a breach attempt. Further, heavily filtered USB ports ensure no ability for unauthorised removal of data nor injection of malware via removable storage media.
- Unique design for versatile deployments. Unique mechanical design accommodates desktop or under-desk mounting with optional bracket along with an optional remote-control capability to further declutter the operator's desk.
- TAA compliant. Assembled in the United States with US-based technical support.
- Warrantied Quality. Standard 3-year warranty with options to add 1 or 2 more years with free replacements throughout warranty period.
For more information about the Belkin Universal Secure KVM Switch, visit our product page.